How it works
Who can apply?
Any South African citizen who is permanently employed and has a salary that is transferred into a debitable bank account can apply for African Advantage card and revolving facility.
How do I apply?
The process of applying for African Advantage card and revolving facility couldn’t be easier! Please fill in and submit the application form and attach the following documents.
(Documents can be supplied at a later stage.)
- A copy of your South African ID
- Your latest pay slip
- Last three month’s bank statements
We will conduct a credit check on your details and will inform you of the results. We encourage you, when entering and submitting your information, to be as accurate as possible to prevent delays in processing, so that you can start enjoying your African Advantage!
What happens next?
As soon as the above documents are received, the following process will begin
- A credit assessment will be conducted to determine your approved credit limit (currently between R500.00 and
R2 500.00) and we will share these results with you. Should you accept our terms and conditions, African Advantage will send you the necessary documents, together with your exclusive African Advantage Card and PIN via a courier (delivery is free of charge).
- You will have to sign some of the documents and send them back to us via fax or email. Once these have been received, we will activate your card and load it with your approved amount.
- You can now use your card for ATM withdrawals, retail purchases, refueling your car and so much more – just as you would do with any other MasterCard – anywhere in South Africa at any time of the day!
- We will monitor your usage and you will be charged only for the amount that you use – no more, no less. Should you choose not to use it, you will not be charged at all.
- On your payday, African Advantage will debit your bank account for the amount you owe, via a debit order.
- Once payment is received, your card will be topped up to the original limit, giving you the freedom to reuse it to its fullest, without the need of reapplying (you will be notified of top-ups via SMS).
How to use our card with your own funds
- You can use your African Advantage MasterCard to deposit and withdraw your own funds, whether or not you have a revolving facility with us.
- Ideal for: teenagers, students, domestic workers, office petty cash, informal/semi professional employees or just as an alternative to a bank account.
- Deposit up to R25,000.00 per month at any bank across South Africa or via EFT. When depositing, use your card number as a reference.
- Funds will be loaded into your card within 24 hours (excluding weekend and public holidays).
- Deposits are free of charge.
- Use your card to draw cash at ATM’s, refuel your car or for direct purchases anytime anywhere across South Africa.
- When using you own funds, no interest or service fee will be charged (interest and service fee will however be charged if you have a revolving facility as well. These fees will be charged only on the facility portion).
- No monthly or annual card fee is charged
- Admin fee will be charged on a transactional basis (please refer to Fee Table). Other card related fees such as, ATM and POS fees will be charged as per Fee Table.
View your balance and statement Online free of charge 24/7.
Should you ever wish to increase your limit, please contact us to discuss a higher limit.
Should you require any assistance or extra information, please give us a call on our toll-share number or send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as we can.